Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy for more information.
Hello Fantabulous Friends! I am so excited that the holiday season is finally here. I am looking forward to all the time which will be spent with family and friends. Even though I am excited, I am also feeling a little bit bittersweet as this is the last year I will have a child in school and this is the last holiday before I get married. So I feel like this is a year of many lasts, but I also am looking forward to many new holiday traditions next year as we start our new journey together.
Part of getting ready for the holiday season is finding that perfect outfit and jewelry for your upcoming holiday parties. I am thankful that I only have one to attend this year and am still trying to decide what to wear. Also, I am so thankful for Rocksbox as it allows me to get 3 pieces of jewelry to wear as long as I want and return when I get tired of them. I will admit I have had this current set for over a month and it is time to exchange them out this week. But before I exchange them, I wanted to do a quick November Rocksbox review. If you have never heard of Rocksbox you can find out more below. If you know the basics of how it works, feel free to skip the descriptions of what I received.
What is Rocksbox?
If you are new to my blog I am sure you are wondering what is Rocksbox? (if you are not new to my blog, and know how Rocksbox works, feel free to scroll down to the fun stuff) The basic concept of Rocksbox is you can “borrow” 3 pieces of designer jewelry which are selected by a stylist for as long as you would like for a monthly charge of $21 plus tax. If you absolutely love one, two or all three of the pieces you can buy them from Rocksbox and receive a $21 shine credit to use towards your purchase (this shine credit does not carry over from month to month so if you don’t use it you will lose it) if you purchase all 3 pieces you will receive an additional $10 off your total.
However, as you probably have guessed the pieces you receive may have been previously worn by another customer, but each piece is inspected, cleaned and sterilized upon return and before resending out to the next customer. After looking at the 3 pieces I received I was unable to tell if they were new or previously worn.
How Rocksbox works?
- Sign up for a Rocksbox account. If you use my referral code you can get your first Rocksbox for free also, my referral code is JODYBFF56.
- Answer a few questions about your style. For instance, what types of metal tone do you normally wear or what styles do you prefer to wear for necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings. They also ask a few more detailed questions so they can better understand you and your style.
- Add pieces to your Wish List. Browse Rockbox’s large selection of jewelry and add pieces that you would like to try to your Wish List and they will try and send you one item from your list in each box.
- You will receive your first box in about 1 – 2 weeks. This was the hard part for me, waiting for my box to arrive so I can see what amazing jewelry they sent me. When you receive your box, it will contain 3 pieces of jewelry your Rocksbox stylist has picked for you based on your wish list and style preferences.
- Wear the jewelry as much as you want. You can keep and wear this jewelry as much or as little as you want. If you decide you want new pieces you can send the box back and receive a new set of 3 as many times as you would like within the month with no extra charge.
- Purchase any pieces that you LOVE. You also have the option to purchase any piece of jewelry you love and want to keep. Rocksbox gives you a $21 shine credit per month you can apply to this purchase. This credit does not carry over month to month, so if you don’t use it you will lose it. If you purchase all 3 pieces you will get an additional $10 off your final total.
What was in my last Rocksbox?
The pieces in this last box were great which is probably why I have kept it so long. It was a hard decision when trying to decide what to keep. Let me show you why.
Gorjana – Kiernan Double Pendant Necklace
I really loved how this Gorjana – Kiernan Double Pendant Necklace necklace looked when I wore it. The double layer was a lot of fun. My only complaint about this necklace as it did not have a clasp so you had to twist and squeeze it over your head. There were days I was nervous that I would never get it off. Yikes!. If it were not for that reason I would have definitely kept this fun necklace but I just couldn’t get past the tight fit.
Status – Returned
Kendra Scott – Tessa Silver Stud Earrings in Iridescent Drusy
The Kendra Scott Tesa Silver Stud Earrings were a perfect match to the Kendra Scott necklace that I will be talking about next. They had just enough sparkle and were not too big where they felt gaudy. I did wear them quite bit in the beginning but now that I am not working in the office they don’t seem to get worn as much. I am pretty sure the pups in the house don’t care if I have pretty earrings on or not while I am working.
Status – Returned
Kendra Scott – Elisa Silver Necklace in Iridescent Drusy
I am not sure who wore this Kendra Scott – Elisa Silver Necklace more, my daughter or me. We both loved this necklace and it is probably why we kept the box so long. Actually, yes it is why we kept the box so long because I couldn’t get it back from her. This necklace is very versatile and can be dressed up or dressed down. I even think there are a few pictures on the blog where I was wearing this necklace. One of the best things about Rocksbox is they send me a piece of Kendra Scott jewelry in each box which I absolutely love. This gives me a chance to wear many of her pieces without having to spend a ton of money.
While I was writing this post I sent back these pieces for new ones, and all I have to say is I cannot wait until they get here. Once Rocksbox sees that your tracking number for the return items has been activated they start preparing your new box. They also allow you a chance to see what they are sending and swap out one piece if it is not something you wanted. I recently added a bunch of rose gold pieces to my wish list so all of my new pieces are rose gold. In case I haven’t told you recently, rose gold is my new favorite color.
Now that I have shown you my latest Rocksbox, I would love to hear which one is your favorite?