Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy for more information.
How can it be that July is over and we are in the month of August? Can we say I am a little bit behind since I am just now posting my review of the Rocksbox I received in July?
Recently my fiancé and I turned on Netflix to look for something new to watch and we stumbled upon a new Netflix original called Wet Hot American Summer – Ten Years Later. I am going to start by saying there go a few hours of my life I will never get back. What was most surprising to me was there are quite a few well-known people in this series such as Alyssa Milano, Amy Poehler and Janeane Garofalo. What I didn’t know until 5 minutes ago was that in 2001 there was a movie called Wet Hot American Summer. Say what!?? So, where the heck was I in 2001 that I did not know about this movie. Now I need to figure out how to get my hands on it so I can see if it is just as bad as the Netflix series. But that is not all folks, there was another Netflix series in 2015 called Wet Hot American Summer – First Day of Camp.
My point in bringing up the Netflix series Wet Hot American Summer – Ten Years Later was to talk about the 90’s fashion. As I was watching I was thinking I remember wearing that or oh my god did I look that ridiculous? Of course, at that time when I was in high school and college, I thought I was looking cool. Today I am thankful for the internet to help me with my fashion sense and for Rocksbox for helping me wear stylish jewelry and at a reasonable price.
So, before I break out the Aqua Net and tease my bangs to stand straight up, let’s talk about Rocksbox and how much I am still in love with it. To make things even better they gave me an extra $5 credit for my birthday so instead of $21 in shine credit I had $26. Woohoo! That $5 made this girl very happy and it was a great birthday surprise. If you have a birthday coming up and subscribe to this box you can look forward to a few extra dollars to use towards your favorite piece that month.
What is Rocksbox?
If you are new to my blog I am sure you are wondering what is Rocksbox? (if you are not new to my blog, and know how Rocksbox works, feel free to scroll down to the fun stuff) The basic concept of Rocksbox is you can “borrow” 3 pieces of designer jewelry which are selected by a stylist for as long as you would like for a monthly charge of $21 plus tax. If you absolutely love one, two or all three of the pieces you can buy them from Rocksbox and receive a $21 shine credit to use towards your purchase (this shine credit does not carry over from month to month so if you don’t use it you will lose it) if you purchase all 3 pieces you will receive an additional $10 off your total.
However, as you probably have guessed the pieces you receive may have been previously worn by another customer, but each piece is inspected, cleaned and sterilized upon return and before resending out to the next customer. After looking at the 3 pieces I received I was unable to tell if they were new or previously worn.
How Rocksbox works
- Sign up for a Rocksbox account. If you use my referral code you can get your first Rocksbox for free also, my referral code is JODYBFF56.
- Answer a few questions about your style. For instance, what types of metal tone do you normally wear or what styles do you prefer to wear for necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings. They also ask a few more detailed questions so they can better understand you and your style.
- Add pieces to your Wish List. Browse Rockbox’s large selection of jewelry and add pieces that you would like to try to your Wish List and they will try and send you one item from your list in each box.
- You will receive your first box in about 1 – 2 weeks. This was the hard part for me, waiting for my box to arrive so I can see what amazing jewelry they sent me. When you receive your box, it will contain 3 pieces of jewelry your Rocksbox stylist has picked for you based on your wish list and style preferences.
- Wear the jewelry as much as you want. You can keep and wear this jewelry as much or as little as you want. If you decide you want new pieces you can send the box back and receive a new set of 3 as many times as you would like within the month with no extra charge.
- Purchase any pieces that you LOVE. You also have the option to purchase any piece of jewelry you love and want to keep. Rocksbox gives you a $21 shine credit per month you can apply to this purchase. This credit does not carry over month to month, so if you don’t use it you will lose it. If you purchase all 3 pieces you will get an additional $10 off your final total.
What was in my July box?
I am not sure why but I didn’t really wear the pieces that I received in July very much. It wasn’t because I didn’t like the pieces I received, but maybe a lack of items in my closet to wear them with. Guess that means I should go shopping! Yay!
The first piece I want to show you is Nakamol’s Black and White Howlite Wrap Bracelet. This bracelet is like the one I purchased from my June Rocksbox. I loved the blue and gray one and ended up purchasing it, but for some reason, this one did not work for me. The price of this wrap bracelet is $62 and I decided against keeping this one. If you would like to see the one I kept you can check out my post from June.
Status – Returned
Next up is my absolute favorite piece in this box, it is the Aster Iris Choker in Silver and Turquoise. I have been wanting to purchase a choker and Rocksbox gave me the chance this month. This was probably the most worn piece I received and for $52 minus my Shine Credit, I decided to keep this gem. I am still trying to find different outfits to wear this with so keep your eye out as you may see it in future blog posts.
Status – Kept
The last item I received in this Rocksbox is the Kendra Scott Marie Earring in Crackle Blue Agate. I added these to my wish list because I purchased the matching necklace which I wrote about in May’s Rockin Rocksbox Review. I liked the earrings and I wore them a few times with the necklace, but I just wasn’t in love with them. For that reason, I decided not to keep these earrings at $50.
Status – Returned
Benefits of subscribing to Rocksbox
- Having new stylish jewelry to wear each month. What could be more fun than getting new jewelry to wear without paying a lot out of your pocket? This is especially good for those who only like to wear something once or twice or get tired of their jewelry quickly.
- The opportunity to receive more than one box per month if you like. With this option, you could potentially have new jewelry to wear every other week or so.
- You can try a piece of jewelry to determine if you like it before buying. Do you have an outfit that you just are not sure what type of jewelry to pair it with? A Rocksbox subscription will allow you to try different pieces that just may be the perfect match for that outfit.
- The ability to leave your stylist feedback to ensure you receive the perfect box each time. When providing feedback to your stylist about what you loved or didn’t love about the pieces you received, you are helping them make your selections for future boxes.
Downfalls of subscribing to Rocksbox
- You may receive jewelry which has been previously worn by another customer. This may bother some people, but I am used to sharing everything with my 2 daughters that it no longer phases me. I also inspect and clean if I feel necessary before wearing the pieces.
- Pieces you receive may show some wear as they have been previously worn. Depending on the how the previous customer treated the piece you may see some slight wear, but I am sure Rocksbox carefully inspects each piece before sending it out again to ensure it looks brand spanking new.
- The cost of the jewelry may be more than you are used to paying. If you absolutely fell in love with a piece of jewelry you received the price of it may be a bit more than you are used to spending. I look at it this way if it is something that I love I know I will get enough wear out of it to get my money’s worth.
- Concerned you may break or lose a piece of jewelry that is not yours. No worries, your membership fee will cover the cost of damage from normal wear and tear, for example, an earring back is lost or a stone falls out.
My final thoughts
If you are not bothered by receiving pieces of jewelry that may have been previously worn and you love getting new jewelry and styles to show off, then this subscription box may be for you. I know I will continue to receive Rocksbox as I absolutely loved the pieces I receive each month. Stayed tuned and check back often for more of my reviews of this amazing box. Remember if you want to receive your first Rocksbox for free use my coupon code JODYBFF56.
Have you received a Rocksbox? If so, I would love to what is your favorite piece you have received from Rocksbox.