June Stitch Fix Review – 2017
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy for more information.
I am wondering how many of you out there are like me, you want to look somewhat fashionable but the idea of heading to the mall for hours on end to shop for clothes seems unbearable. Nothing on the rack looks cute and forget about trying to find a complete outfit. I find myself shopping mannequins and displays on the wall, which means I probably am missing a hundred other items that I may like. I also find myself going to the same 1 or 2 stores and you can only find so many different items at the same stores. Not to mention I was seeing the exact same shirts I have on many of my coworkers, so that also tells me it is time to change it up. Let’s face it, I am a mall drop out, however, I am a great online shopper.
That is exactly why I decided to try Stitch Fix. So far, I have received 4 boxes, and 3 of the 4 boxes were absolute winners. At least I think so, but sometimes I am not so sure my wallet agrees.
Below you can see what I received in my 4th Stitch Fix box and my hear my thoughts on each of the items. I really think that you will like the items I received in this Fix and maybe would like to try Stitch Fix out for yourself. Feel free to pin any items you like or if you are a Stitch Fix customer and see something you like be sure to add it to your notes for your stylist.
If you are familiar with how Stitch Fix works feel free to scroll right down to the fun stuff, the pictures of course.
What is Stitch Fix?
Stitch Fix is a styling service where you are sent 5 clothing items that are hand-picked by a stylist. You can try each piece of clothing on in the comfort of your home and return what you don’t like all for a $20 styling fee. This fee can be applied to the purchase of any item you wish to keep. Additionally, if you want to keep all 5 items you get a 25% discount. By doing this you could potentially be getting one of the items you received for free. I like this as I love a great bargain.
How does Stitch Fix work?
- The sign-up process. When you sign up you will start by answering a bunch of questions about your style preference, your likes, and dislikes, size etc. You will also be given an opportunity to tell your stylist what you are looking for. When completing your style profile it is very important to be as detailed as possible. It is also a good idea to link your Pinterest fashion board so you stylist can see what you like.
- Order your first fix. Once you have completed your style profile you can schedule your first fix. A date will be given when you can expect your first fix and your card will be charged the $20 dollar styling fee.
- Decide what you want to keep. Now that you have received your first box the fun begins you get to try everything on. I love this part, not only do I get a box of 5 items I can try, the stylist will send you a style card with all the items you received and suggestions on how to wear them. I also have the opportunity to look in my closet and see what I already have that I can pair them with.
- Return what you don’t want. If you decided that some of the pieces are just not something you would wear, you can return the items in a prepaid postal envelope within 3 business days of receiving the items. If you decide you want to keep all the items you will receive 25% off the complete order which is a great deal. Many times that discount is what decides what I keep or send back.
- Checkout process. After deciding what to keep and/or return you start the checkout process. During this process, you have the opportunity to tell your stylist what you liked or disliked about each of the items that you received and your overall thoughts of the fix. This is the time, to be honest with the good, bad or ugly as it will only help your future fixes get better. At this time you can schedule your next fix based on your frequency preferences. You are not obligated to receive a fix every month you can choose how ofter you want to receive it. I currently have my frequency set up for every 2-3 weeks as I am super excited about this service and I want to receive it as often I can.
If you have any questions about Stitch Fix, leave them in the comments below and I will answer them right away.
Kut From The Kloth Kate Boyfriend Jean – $88
I recently found out that I love boyfriend jeans and these Kut From The Kloth Kate Boyfriend Jeans are no different. So when I saw these were coming in my Fix I knew that I would be keeping them before they arrived. I like how they are loose fitting and this light stone wash color has been a favorite of mine lately. So if you are wondering, of course, I kept these jeans. Also, if you haven’t tried a pair of these jeans, I would suggest trying them on, you might just like them.
Daniel Rainn Estefany Lace Detail Split Neck Blouse – $64 and Bay to Baubles Camden Multi-Strand Station Necklace – $34
This Estefany Lace Detail Split Neck Blouse wasn’t my favorite item in the box, mostly because of the sleeves. When I am looking for items to wear to work I prefer longer sleeves as the office is really cold and I tend to freeze when I go with shorter sleeves. But the detail on the front was pretty neat so I decided to keep it and give it a try to wear it to work. The other item in the picture is the Camden Multi-Strand Station Necklace. This is a great piece to wear with just about anything and I have. Don’t forget if you like any of these items and you sign up for Stitch Fix you can add a note for your stylist to see if they can add them to your Fix.
Status: Kept both
41Hawthorn Moni Geo Print & Camisole Blouse – $58
Skinny jeans (similar)
There is always one item in my box when I look at the picture before it arrives I think I am not going to like that. However, that is always the one item that I love, so in this Fix, it is the Moni Geo Print & Camisole Bouse. This blouse is super cute and I love the fact it has a built in camisole. I pair this blouse with a pair of off-white skinny jeans that I already had in my closet. This is definitely going to be one of my favorite go-to outfits I will wear to work this summer. Also, is a perfect example of trying items out of your comfort zone you never know you might like it, so go for it.
Loveappella Carlita Knit Maxi Dress – $78
Of course, I saved the best item for last, this Carlita Knit Maxi Dress and it is so adorable. Because I loved this maxi dress so much I wore it to work the very first day I had it. When I paired it with a jean jacket it was the perfect work outfit. I received so many compliments that day that I knew I made the right choice in keeping the dress. I could go on and on about how awesome this maxi dress is but I don’t want to scare bore you. Just trust me, this dress is A-MAZ-ING!
In closing, I wanted to let you know that this post is not sponsored by Stitch Fix, and all of the opinions about the items I received are my own. If you do decide to sign up for Stitch Fix using my affiliate link I will receive a $25 credit to use towards future purchases.