May’s Rockin Rocksbox Review!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy for more information.
I FINALLY received my second Rocksbox after it decided to take a tour of the country. I almost squealed with excitement when I opened each bag as I loved all the pieces they sent me. Why did it take me so long to find this little box of awesome! Now on to my Rocksbox review for May.
What is Rocksbox?
If you are new to my blog I am sure you are wondering what is Rocksbox? The basic concept of Rocksbox is you can “borrow” 3 pieces of designer jewelry which are selected by a stylist for as long as you would like for a monthly charge of $21 plus tax. If you absolutely love one, two or all three of the pieces you can buy them from Rocksbox and receive a $21 shine credit to use towards your purchase (this shine credit does not carry over from month to month so if you don’t use it you will lose it) if you purchase all 3 pieces you will receive an additional $10 off your total.
However, as you probably have guessed the pieces you receive may have been previously worn by another customer, but each piece is inspected, cleaned and sterilized upon return and before resending out to the next customer. After looking at the 3 pieces I received I was unable to tell if they were new or previously worn.
How Rocksbox works
- Sign up for a Rocksbox account. If you use my referral code you can get your first Rocksbox for free also, my referral code is JODYBFF56.
- Answer a few questions about your style. For instance, what types of metal tone do you normally wear or what styles do you prefer to wear for necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings. They also ask a few more detailed questions so they can better understand you and your style.
- Add pieces to your Wish List. Browse Rockbox’s large selection of jewelry and add pieces that you would like to try to your Wish List and they will try and send you one item from your list in each box.
- You will receive your first box in about 1 – 2 weeks. This was the hard part for me, waiting for my box to arrive so I can see what amazing jewelry they sent me. When you receive your box it will contain 3 pieces of jewelry your Rocksbox stylist has picked for you based on you wish list and style preferences.
- Wear the jewelry as much as you want. You can keep and wear this jewelry as much or as little as you want. If you decide you want new pieces you can send the box back and receive a new set of 3 as many times as you would like within the month with no extra charge.
- Purchase any pieces that you LOVE. You also have the option to purchase any piece of jewelry you love and want to keep. Rocksbox gives you a $21 shine credit per month you can apply to this purchase. This credit does not carry over month to month, so if you don’t use it you will lose it. If you purchase all 3 pieces you will get an additional $10 off your final total.
What was in my second Rocksbox
All 3 pieces I received in my Rocksbox this month were items that I had added to my wishlist. So when they finally arrived I couldn’t wait to try out all of the pieces and I have managed to wear them all at least once.
Ladies this Gorjana Elea Cuff is gorgeous in person, and the picture does not do it justice. I have worn this a couple of times and am already trying to figure out how to add this to my collection. Although at a price of $129, I believe I am dreaming, and so sadly I will be returning it. Stay tuned to future posts as I style it with a couple outfits I have in mind for it. Oh, did I mention it is so lightweight I barely noticed I was wearing it.
The next piece is a Sophie Harper Pave Moon Pendant Necklace. This is so small yet beautiful that it looks great with any of my casual outfits, in fact, I wore it today with a v-neck t-shirt and receive many compliments. This little gem is priced at $45 and will soon be added to my permanent collection.
The final item I opened was this beautiful Kendra Scott Hudson Necklace. Just like the bracelet the picture does not show how amazing this piece is. I paired this necklace with a cold shoulder shirt and loved the look. At a price of $80, I think I am going to enjoy wearing this beauty every chance I get until I decide it is time to return the box. I just don’t feel I would wear it enough to buy it, but I am sure going to enjoy it while I can.
Like last month I absolutely adore all the pieces I received and will definitely put them to good use.
Benefits of subscribing to Rocksbox
- Having new stylish jewelry to wear each month. What could be more fun than getting new jewelry to wear without paying a lot out of your pocket? This is especially good for those who only like to wear something once or twice or get tired of their jewelry quickly.
- The opportunity to receive more than one box per month if you like. With this option, you could potentially have new jewelry to wear every other week or so.
- You can try a piece of jewelry to determine if you like it before buying. Do you have an outfit that you just are not sure what type of jewelry to pair it with, a Rocksbox subscription will allow you to try different pieces that just may be the perfect match for that outfit.
- The ability to leave your stylist feedback to ensure you receive the perfect box each time. When providing feedback to your stylist about what you loved or didn’t love about the pieces you received, you are helping them make your selections for future boxes.
Downfalls of subscribing to Rocksbox
- You may receive jewelry which has been previously worn by another customer. This may bother some people, but I am used to sharing everything with my 2 daughters that it no longer phases me. I also inspect and clean if I feel necessary before wearing the pieces.
- Pieces you receive may show some wear as they have been previously worn. Depending on the how the previous customer treated the piece you may see some slight wear, but I am sure Rocksbox carefully inspects each piece before sending it out again to ensure it looks brand spanking new.
- The cost of the jewelry may be more than you are used to paying. If you absolutely fell in love with a piece you jewelry you received the price of it may be a bit more than you are used to spending. I look at it this way if it is something that I love I know I will get enough wear out of it to get my money’s worth.
- Concerned you may break or lose a piece of jewelry that is not yours. No worries, your membership fee will cover the cost of damage from normal wear and tear, for example, an earring back is lost or a stone falls out.
My final thoughts
If you are not bothered by receiving pieces of jewelry that may have been previously worn and you love getting new jewelry and styles to show off, then this subscription box may be for you. I know I will continue to receive Rocksbox as I absolutely loved the pieces I receive each month. Stayed tuned and check back often for more of my reviews of this amazing box.
Have you received a Rocksbox? If so, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.