My first Rocksbox Rocked!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy for more information.
Do you love jewelry? I know I do and I love wearing different pieces of jewelry every day, but I don’t love the price of designer jewelry so I find myself buying cheap jewelry that doesn’t last very long. I also love subscription boxes so I decided to see what subscription boxes were out there for jewelry and I found the amazing Rocksbox. With little to no knowledge about this subscription box, I decided to try it with a free promo code as it looked very interesting and right up my alley. If I didn’t like the subscription I was out nothing but my valuable time. See below for the review of my first Rocksbox.
What is Rocksbox?
The basic concept of Rocksbox is you can “borrow” 3 pieces of designer jewelry which are selected by a stylist for as long as you would like for a monthly charge of $21. If you absolutely love one, two or all three of the pieces you can buy them from Rocksbox and receive a $21 shine credit to use towards your purchase (this shine credit does not carry over from month to month so if you don’t use it you will lose it) if you purchase all 3 pieces you will receive an additional $10 off your total. After reading the FAQ’s for Rocksbox and learning more I realized this box is a dream come true for this girl.
However, as you probably have guessed the pieces you receive may have been previously worn by another customer, but each piece is inspected, cleaned and sterilized upon return and before resending out to the next customer. After looking at the 3 pieces I received I was unable to tell if they were new or previously worn.
How Rocksbox works
- Sign up for a Rocksbox account. If you use my referral code you can get your first Rocksbox for free also, my referral code is JODYBFF56.
- Answer a few questions about your style. For instance, what types of metal tone do you normally wear or what styles do you prefer to wear for necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings. They also ask a few more detailed questions so they can better understand you and your style.
- Add pieces to your Wish List. Browse Rockbox’s large selection of jewelry and add pieces that you would like to try to your Wish List and they will try and send you one item from your list in each box.
- You will receive your first box in about 1 – 2 weeks. This was the hard part for me, waiting for my box to arrive so I can see what amazing jewelry they sent me. When you receive your box it will contain 3 pieces of jewelry your Rocksbox stylist has picked for you based on you wish list and style preferences.
- Wear the jewelry as much as you want. You can keep and wear this jewelry as much or as little as you want. If you decide you want new pieces you can send the box back and receive a new set of 3 as many times as you would like within the month with no extra charge.
- Purchase any pieces that you LOVE. You also have the option to purchase any piece of jewelry you love and want to keep. Rocksbox gives you a $21 shine credit per month you can apply to this purchase. This credit does not carry over month to month, so if you don’t use it you will lose it. If you purchase all 3 pieces you will get an additional $10 off your final total.
What was in my first Rocksbox
I was like a little kid on Christmas Eve as I waited for my first Rocksbox to be delivered by obsessively checking the tracking number to find out when it would be delivered. When it arrived I was not disappointed, I loved all the pieces in my first Rocksbox. My first Rocksbox rocked!
The first item I opened was this beautiful Kendra Scott necklace, the blue crackle stone is definitely unique and I have been able to wear it with many different outfits. As you may have guessed, the necklace is my absolute favorite piece and I am definitely purchasing it. The cost of this piece is $70.
The next tiny package I opened contained these amazing Sophie Harper earrings which I also adore, but at a cost of $45, I am not sure I will be purchasing them as I can purchase silver hoops at a lower cost locally. So it is with great sadness that I will be returning the earrings, I might have even shed a tear or two.
The final item I opened was this cute little bracelet. This bracelet is nice and very much my style but can be uncomfortable to wear to work and I find myself removing it for the majority of the day. So this item will be returned also. The cost of this bracelet is $33.
I loved all the pieces and I had a lot of trouble trying to decide which of these beautiful items I would keep, but I knew the necklace was a winner because it is so versatile and can be worn with many items, either long or short.
Benefits of subscribing to Rocksbox
- Having new stylish jewelry to wear each month. What could be more fun than getting new jewelry to wear without paying a lot out of your pocket? This is especially good for those who only like to wear something once or twice or get tired of their jewelry quickly.
- The opportunity to receive more than one box per month if you like. With this option, you could potentially have new jewelry to wear every other week or so.
- You can try a piece of jewelry to determine if you like it before buying. Do you have an outfit that you just are not sure what type of jewelry to pair it with, a Rocksbox subscription will allow you to try different pieces that just may be the perfect match for that outfit.
- The ability to leave your stylist feedback to ensure you receive the perfect box each time. When providing feedback to your stylist about what you loved or didn’t love about the pieces you received, you are helping them make your selections for future boxes.
Downfalls of subscribing to Rocksbox
- You may receive jewelry which has been previously worn by another customer. This may bother some people, but I am used to sharing everything with my 2 daughters that it no longer phases me. I also inspect and clean if I feel necessary before wearing the pieces.
- Pieces you receive may show some wear as they have been previously worn. Depending on the how the previous customer treated the piece you may see some slight wear, but I am sure Rocksbox carefully inspects each piece before sending it out again to ensure it looks brand spanking new.
- The cost of the jewelry may be more than you are used to paying. If you absolutely fell in love with a piece you jewelry you received the price of it may be a bit more than you are used to spending. I look at it this way if it is something that I love I know I will get enough wear out of it to get my money’s worth.
- Concerned you may break or lose a piece of jewelry that is not yours. No worries, your membership fee will cover the cost of damage from normal wear and tear, for example, an earring back is lost or a stone falls out.
My final thoughts
If you are not bothered by receiving pieces of jewelry that may have been previously worn and you love getting new jewelry and styles to show off, then this subscription box may be for you. I know I will continue to receive Rocksbox as I absolutely loved the pieces I received in my first box. I will also continue to share what I receive each month here, so check back often to see what is new.
Have you received a Rocksbox? If so, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.