Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy for more information.
I am always on the lookout for recommendations for clothing, books, dinner ideas, pretty much anything. So I thought I would try out the Wantable Style Edit to see what items their stylist would send for me to try. I am already a member of Stitch Fix which I love and this is a similar service.
When I receive the box I was so excited to open it and check it out. Unlike Stitch Fix where I can get a sneak peek of what is being sent, the Wantable items were kept a secret until the box was delivered to my door. I received 7 items which consisted of 3 tops, 2 bottoms, 1 dress and a pair of sunglasses.
What is Wantable?
Wantable is a styling service where you are sent 5 – 7 clothing items that are hand-picked by a stylist. You can try each piece of clothing on in the comfort of your home and return what you don’t like all for a $20 styling fee. This fee can be applied to the purchase of any item you wish to keep. Additionally, if you want to keep all 5 or more of the items you get a 20% discount. By doing this you could potentially be getting one of the items you received for free.
Wantable also offers different subscription boxes or edit for you to choose from. They have the Stye edit, which I am reviewing here. They also have on for Men’s and Women’s Fitness, Makeup and Intimates. I am not going to lie, I am sure I will be checking out each one of these subscriptions sometime in the future.
How does Wantable work?
- The sign-up process. When you sign up you will start by answering questions from the Let’s get Started section. These questions will ask you about your style preference, your likes, and dislikes, size etc. You will also be given an opportunity to tell your stylist what you are looking for. When completing your style profile it is very important to be as detailed as possible. You can begin your sign up by clicking here.
- Order your first edit. Once you have completed your style preferences your edit will be scheduled to ship in 5 -7 business days and your card will be charged the $20 dollar styling fee.
- Decide what you want to keep. Now that you have received your first box the fun begins you get to try everything on. I love this part because I get to try 5 – 7 items I probably would not have picked out on my own in the comfort of my home. I also have the opportunity to look in my closet and see what I already own that I can pair these items with.
- Return what you don’t want. If you decided that some of the pieces are just not something you would wear, you can return the items in a prepaid postal envelope within 5 business days of receiving the items. If you decide you want to keep 5 or more of the items you will receive 20% off the order which makes it a great deal. Many times that discount is what decides what I keep or send back.
- Checkout process. After deciding what to keep and/or return you start the checkout process. During this process, you have the opportunity to tell your stylist what you liked or disliked about each of the items that you received and your overall thoughts of the fix. This is the time, to be honest with the good, bad or ugly as it will only help your future edits get better. You are not obligated to receive an edit every month you can choose how often you want to receive it.
What was in my first edit?
The first outfit I am wearing is the Pocket Tee from Z Supply and Mia Skinny Valuable Wash from Kut from the Kloth. I am styling them with my Converse Shoreline tennis shoes. Let me start with the tee shirt, it was very comfortable maybe a little bit big but that is okay, my issue was with the oversized floppy pocket that landed in an awkward place. This is really an issue I have with any tee shirts with front pockets I tend to pass on them. These jeans though, I absolutely love them. I knew from the moment I took them out of the box that they were going to be a keeper. They fit me great and are so soft and comfortable. I actually haven’t met a pair of Kut from the Kloth jeans I haven’t liked.
Status: Pocket Tee $34- Returned; Mia Skinny Jeans $89 – Kept
Now let’s talk about this Bronco Top from Gentle Fawn. The stylist mentioned this would be a great top to wear while running errands or lunch with the girls. I agree that this was a comfy top and I love plaid shirts but this one was not for me. Felt a bit baggy and frumpy(if that is a word) I think if it were a little more fitted I would have definitely kept it. When I opened the case for the Colette Sunglasses by Wantable I knew that I had to keep them. They fit me perfectly unlike a cheaper pair of aviator glasses I currently own that are too big and slide down my not constantly. If you look closely you can see my daughter’s reflection in the sunglasses as she is taking my picture.
Status: Bronco Top $69 – Returned; Colette Sunglasses $40 – Kept
This short sleeve open back top by Le Lis is definitely unique. I love the open back design and I could see myself wearing this to work with a nice pair of black pants. I think my only complaint is that it is bit short and cinches up on the sides. This was apparent after looking at the various pictures from this shoot that show it. As I write this post, I am really undecided if I am going to keep this top or not. I can see myself wearing it, but I am wondering if it is really in my budget to keep it. Maybe I should put out a vote to you, should I keep it or send it back?
Status – Open Back Top $39 – Undecided
I was excited when I saw these Cargo Track Pants by Willow and Clay. I have been wanting something similar for a while now. However, they were way too small, which is why there is a picture of them on a hanger and not on me. I was afraid if I moved the wrong way I might bust out the butt seam and that would be bad. So obviously, but sadly, they are being returned.
Status – Cargo Track Pant $85 – Returned
The final item from my box was this Razorback Maxi Dress by Gilli. I am a sucker for maxi dresses, I would wear one all summer long if I could. So when I pulled this one out I thought it would be a keeper. So many good things about it such as the top was padded so no need to wear a bra, it was a cute color and I liked the razor back design. Unfortunately, it was cut a bit low in the front and I thought it would be a bit inappropriate for work. I sadly and with a heavy heart sent the dress back in hopes that next time I will get a different one.
Status – Maxi dress – $68 – Returned
Even though I returned most of the items I received in this box, I definitely will continue to receive it as I believe it has potential. I love the fact that I can have a select number of clothing pieces picked out for me and sent to my home to try on. If you ask me this is the best thing ever, as I never have to go to the mall again. Okay, that last part might be a lie as I do love a good shopping trip.
Have you tried Wantable? I would love to hear about your experience. If you haven’t tried Wantable, I would love to hear what you think of the items I received in my first edit. I look forward to hearing from you!